Sign in to follow this  
serialk927

EBAY: QLD: Ivory GTIR RB $5,000

I can't even find a picture of a Nismo LE car on the net. I guess that is a great indication of just how rare they are. Has anyone got one?

this is a nismo edition car #012

post-834-1325735938773_thumb.jpg

post-834-13257359388615_thumb.jpg

post-834-1325735938878_thumb.jpg

There are plenty of cars that were optioned by Nismo (plated) from the factory but there are very few of the Nismo demo cars around. I have seen stuff over the years that suggest that there were fewer than 10 but I've yet to see anything definitive. From memory the true Nismo cars had the sticker pack on a white car with all the Nismo options. It had the homologation roll cage and nice white wheels. If it isn't white, it isn't the Nismo LE.

wher would one aquire that decal kit from?

anyone know?

Im sure if you took some pics into a vinyl sticker shop they would be able to make it. Cheaper then making a time machine.

LOL, I think if you bought a time machine, it would pay it self off pretty quickly, ie, go back to the early 1900's and invest big in Shell, Mobil, Ford, GM or something, then wait till the 90's and buy all the RB's and Nismo's and Dakar's etc!

I'd use it to stop Nigels mum and dad from kissing at the "Enchantment Under the Sea" dance.

Microsoft shares and plenty of them :)

I'd rather a mum and dad than two dads and being a test tube baby, but each to there own.

This is my RB....

Originally imported 56,000 km stock except for wheels.

Interior wise it has base model pulsar seats, rears different material, it had a plastic steering wheel (since changed for series 1 GTIR type - Nismo to follow) trim is black vinyl, roof lining is light grey vinyl, rubber gear boot.

Has a bolt in rear half cage, nismo front/rear strut tower bars and a navigators light on passengers side "A" pillar.

Had nismo optioned front struts blue type.

It has the close ratio gear box and I believe it has a nismo rear diff - others unknown. Had Jim Berry re surface my clucth when it failed and he was certain it was an uprated factory type - nismo perhaps though I didnt see any evidence to suggest this as he told me after the re-installation.

Also has Autech sticker on wiper less rear hatch.

I honestly believe that if this car was for sale it would fetch between $8-10k in the current market.

The fact that it is an RB version doesnt mean it would fecth a higher sale price, perhaps it may to a fellow nerd like myself but majority of people looking to buy would go for a prettier one so to speak.

post-426-13257359389009_thumb.jpg

post-426-1325735938936_thumb.jpg