Sign in to follow this  
absolute

SA: FS: Hi performance GTiR

I am just going by what the manufacturer has written on it. May be they got the translation wrong, all I know is once it has boosted properly once there is very little lag after that, where as the stock turbo (that had been rebuilt) kept needing to be fed to avoid annoying lag.

What do you mean by "boosted properly?" You are saying that you needed to run the car to full boost with the larger turbo and then there was very little lag after that? WTF does that mean? Do you even know what you just wrote? So if you don't boost it properly there is heaps of lag? Enlighten us on how you boost it properly??

Stock turbo (rebuilt with BB??) kept needing to be fed to avoid annoying lag? Where you feeding it Schmacko's??

I want to see a dyno graph to back up your bullshit claims.

yeah it's fully true. once it's fully fed of boost it will run hard and no lag for 45 minutes. but after that needs proper boosting again, then it's runs good with no lag for another 45m minutes. the stock 1 you have to keeping feeding it all the time otherwise it just lag on you. trst me bro. he's rite. because once you boost it properly it's all spinning up with the bearings etc in it and then it just keep on going and going.

Thanks Rich, I understand now.

I have a feeling that we are feeding a troll.

This car is the twin of the fully sick Coffs Harbour three million dollar engine, fifty million dollar custom gearbox car. Rock on! :?

Nice to see you’re all so skeptical and as none of you seem to know much about turbos I'll try and explain it to you. A turbo spins, the more exhaust gas runs past the exhaust turbine the faster it spins. It then has momentum, a bigger turbine with less friction on its shaft has more momentum therefore will spin longer at higher rpm than a little stock unit that is why they cost the big money, because they work better and produce more power.

No more lag than the original set up but once that big ball bearing turbo starts spooling it keeps feeding it hard until 45 min after it stops.
Lol are you serious??? does this great turbo have a canister to store gas's as and when needed?? or are you taking the mick and just not saying it has anti lag fitted???

Yep, I second it's a Troll.

... But do tell us more about these turbo thing-a-me-bobs. They're a profourmance upping mashine - yes?