Sign in to follow this  
godzilr

**SOLD** NSW: Monster GTiR

Guest Jusadbellum

a few years back in the rotor glory days an Rx4 came by the workshop I was at.

The guy claimed the 2 speed slushbox and mickey thompsons on the back were having trouble as he was only ever able to gently boot it due to the traction problems he was having at 140kph.

Not believing the guy - we duly hopped into a turbo mx6 and proceeded to cruise past the granville refinery with great haste.

Suffice to say, the MT's were not able to grab and truly did wheelspin everytime he booted it (and no it didn't grab..)

I am a big fan of top end power, given that most wannabe's crash out due to lack of throttle control (or wits) when driving monsters and they are pushing it in corners.

but then again. even a mild car with a rear end locked up in the wet is plenty of fun - basic VL turbos and factory turbo rotors with a CIG locker (yeah it is too easy to get bored sometimes!) really spice up the weekend when it rains :D :D :D

definitely worth it, the turbo is too big though (can u have too big).

Anyway its worth the money, a smaller turbo would have this thing screaming.

Hey John,

Nice purchase. I enquired about that beast way back. I was worried about bringing it into QLD and having to take it across the pits. Awsome looking package though. Tell me what is that handle just near the console ? Surely not one of those nice new passenger eject handles ?

well guys, the time has come, it will be at willowbank next week.
What time John?

hhhhhhoolllly shit dude, when i seen this topic raised again i was hoping that some crazy bastard had bought it - shit hot !!

hey sam you remember what page those pics are on?

or can we get some new ones up, oh and make sure someone films it for fuck sake!!!

its fairly fucking laggy, but apart from first gear which might be a slight problem, its fairly managable

also the sychros have been uprated apparently, it feels good, feels like its a brand new box

Hey John you should bring it down to Compak Attak next month and race it along side my car. Would be good to see 2 quick gtir's lining up against each other.

Adam

Would be good to see 2 quick gtir's lining up against each other.

Adam

I doubt there's a forum member on here that wouldn't get aroused by that!

haha where is it?

cause honestly after driving from penrith to brisbane in one hit, i never want to drive for more than an hour straight again

seeing the big prawn was good though

haha

nice purchase. since the original link is dead, can you post up some of the spec to refresh my memory? :)

my bet is that the EJ25 ran car is a ke70 laser ute with full STI running gear, front cut, and various cutups from other cars such as the rear wheel arches from the toyota echo, etc?..

just a guess..

bet it's all metal work (and not fibre glass) too :p

hehehe just a guess John :p

nah had a friend from these very forums show it to me, it's going to be a beautiful piece of work i think, love his creativity, i wish i took a picture of it too!!!