Sign in to follow this  
godzilr

**SOLD** NSW: Monster GTiR

holy FUCK!! fellas...get a change of jocks...even shorts...and tissue...you will cream your pants...DAMN!!! 300kw+ GTiR

http://tinyurl.com/n8p9q

this was on yahoo auctions some time back...some may remember it...Richard? Simon?

kelvin

sssssssssssomebody buy it , thats sick probally fry all 4 in second - once or twice before it killed the entire driveline , boys we better buy up all the spare g/boxes we can find if this thing falls into the wrong hands it will be classed as a weapon of mass destruction !

it certainly has an awesome parts list but the power curve is about as horrible as they get. a nice light tuned GTI-R would eat it for breakfast anywhere excpet the drag strip and a high speed run. on the street it would get beaten by pretty much most decent cars on the road. at approx 6200rpm it's only making 150kw. at 5000rpm (a reasonable shift point when giving it a bit on the street) it's making a whole 80kw. less than a stock GTI-R. hell probably less than a stock SSS. First thing I would do if it was mine is bin the T88 and bolt on a T67 or most likely a big version TD06. That should still be enough for around 260kw at all 4 and would be miles faster than the way it is now.

lol, got piping? the power figure is seriously impressive though, don't get me wrong, but you certainly have to wring the tits off it to get to there. At normal driving rpm isn't it a little average? Just wondering out loud what it would be like to squirt around town or do light sprint work with (in terms of responsiveness)... but yeah, that's all kinds of cool!! :)

^^^^^ lol, yeah, what richard said is what i was getting at... i took a little too long to type that... ^^^^^

and yeah, that curve is HP, so at 5000 rpm its making 80HP = 60kW... my R is pretty average, and it makes 155kW at that rpm. Obviously its not apples vs apples,as my R doens't then add another 150kw in the next 3000 rpm :) but I do find it interesting to think about in terms of useful power. Would it be going down the quarter where this thing would shine?

It would have been good to see the dyno setting stuff at the bottom of the dyno chart, but the pic has it that stuff cropped out.

seems like a bit of a dyno queen setup... still, if thats what it was mean to be, then it is very good at its intended purpose!!

I didn't know V&E could tune FCON-V's

maybe they are the great undiscovered ecu

anyway this car is up there with the hills motorsport car in terms of insaneness, just wish either / both would front up to wsid & prove the figures :(

There would have to have been some serious oversights in its "recent compliance". Why would you come across such a monster out of Japan, bring it over and sell it before it even hits the road? And all but the dyno pic are of the car in Japan......

Jeez that's nuts. Imagine how crazy it would be when it does eventually come on boost. At least it has the close ratio gearbox so you can make use of the revs at lower speed.

It would be something like:

-Nail accelerator

-Get a coffee

-Hold on for dear life when the turbo comes on boost :)

Simon

That is a machine, but dont know what the use of all that power would be on the street.

I gotta put my R into V&E next week so I might have a chat to Vince about this beast.

Realy nice looking engine bay, serious part, you really want power right from the get go though. It definetly has all the Goodies!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!! T88 on a GTiR! Surely this thing would be able to run a 10. Two things I noticed though, NO BRAKE MODS!!!!! :shock: and the HKS F CON V can't be tuned by anyone in Australia, well apparently.

That thing would change lanes when boost kicks in, from 6000 - 8000 rpm it makes 250 HP. FARK!!!

actually there are at least two places in sydney that tune F Con V pro.

yeah, i stuffed up a little last night. It's only making 150HP at 6200 rpm!! at a measly 80HP at 5000rpm. that is terrible. it would be very slow on a track for anywhere except the main straight, and on the street people on postie bike would eat you for breakfast.

Man that’s a beast(nice list of parts :P ). The turbo looks too big for it looking at the curve. As rich said chuck the T88 wack on something a bit smaller would be heaps better(faster too :wink: ). Close ratio :x s are not the best for the qtr so doubt it would do 10s.

Surely a MASSIVE shot of NOS would bring it on boost a bit earlier - maybe making full boost by around 6000RPM????

Guest western-r

I can see this car going one of two ways:

1. sold to person who talks it up all over town and due to no power down low, gets eaten by everyone on the street and gives the rest of us a bad name!

2. sold to someone who talks it up and when egged on to prove it, crashes the thing killing all in the car, makes the news and gives the rest of us a bad name!

Seriously though, seems to me like a Dyno only car that power curve serves no purpose and no brake upgrades??? would hate to see what happens when trying to swiftly bring it back to earth to avoid a collision! BYE BYE...

Like Richard said, purchase it with the intention of putting on a usable turbo. It will be a fire breathing monster that will rev past 8k and make good power from 4k.

yep, plus you could sell the T88 to some arse bandit with a GTR buy yourself a TD06 25G 10cm or whatever and probably still have some cash left over for a six pack of bonds Y-fronts.

Guest Jusadbellum

Whats all the fuss about?

My only question would be why the Rigoli dyno stopped at 8,250 rpm.

it is only really beginning to make horsepower - balance the motor within a poofteeth and then keep revving till the power drops.. there is your redline.

From the print-out however its likely the dyno is setup to only record up to 600hp.

You either have cubic inches or you wait for the power to come online.

you simply can't make huge horsepower down low without size....

I think the car would be a barrel of fun to drive :D

shit yeah it would be fun to drive

i can just imagine being in 4th on the freeway, flooring it, waiting a while for it to come on boost, and then breaking traction once on boost

it has always been my dream to break traction while on the freeway under power