Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest lilbeefer

Mileage issues?

44 posts in this topic

Hi

Greg .... No worries,but first you will need to contact a certified engineer who you will be employing to sign your car off.You have to accertain "Exactly how and what wall thickness the box section needs to be for the SIB's to allow him to sign off etc.

Normal requirement for SIB's is factory only but some engineers allow aftermarket instalation subject to their acceptance,so you need to deninatly get this one checked.

All the other components I can provide and if need be do your Fuel neck restrictor on an exchange basis as I use Devcon Steel to do mine which is expensive and still have a couple left from my compliance buisiness days.

Prices are as follows (subject to and recent increases )

Fuel Neck restrictor ................ $28.50

Unleaded Restrictor Sup & fitted ..... $70 00

high mounted stop Light Hella

5239 LB ....... $56 ?

Child restraint anchorage brackets .... $7 ? ea ( 3 require but please check with engineer )

Emmission placards ........................ $10

Seat belts subject to condition ......... $ ?

Vin strip ... locally supplied in Vic ... $10 - 12

Drivers door glass 3 mm ................ $25

Can obtain these cheaper from Qld but

are 2mm thick

If acceptable SIB's subject

to W/Thickness ............................... $28 ea approx

Greg ... If your vehicle is still with Kiwi ( assumption ) I know a way to save $ ( up to $250) to Victoria for you.

HTH

Cheers .... Del

What does SIB stand for??

The cars with Kiwi, and landed today into Brisbane aboard the Hual Tramper V8.

The total for freight, dock fees, quarantine etc. etc. came to just $1368.26 (not including GST etc.)

How can you save me an additional $250?

PM me if you would like or add me to MSN: gkruse@gktech.com.au

Thanks heaps for your help.

The more money I save the more money I'll put into mods :)

Greg

Alrighty, I just called an engineer and he wants $450 + gst to sign it off.

He said that the dimensions of the SIB's need to be atleast 50x25x2mm thick.

He said I only need 2 child ancheorage points for the back.

Greg

Just added that up, I should be able to save around $400 - $500 by doing it myself (with you help with parts Delboy :))

P.S I'm sending you a PM now regiarding the parts.

Greg

wow thats hefty. I think my engineer cert was $300, but the engineer was the person also doing the compliance.....

wow thats hefty. I think my engineer cert was $300, but the engineer was the person also doing the compliance.....

Yeh, that's probably why.

I'll continue to shop around for the sign off :)

Hi

Also have a Delica on that same vessell

I have the following on my customs clearance invoice which I got just now

The items below are mandatory with Kiwi vehicles./ customs entry etc.

Are yours the same ?

Port service Charge ................ $119.32

Eletronic Customs Entry ............. $ 28.25

Brokerage Fee .......................... $150.00

Quarintine Fees ........................ $ 16.50

Quarrintine Processing................. $ 22.50

Warf Handling Fee ............... $ 40.00

CMR Fee ................................. $ 12.50

Warfage ......................... $177.77

Greg ... If you freight your vehicle to Victoria using another carrier to get it there and don't use Kiwi's appointed carrier ( TOLL ) then you send Kiwi the bill from that company .... Kiwi will re - imburse you.the differece

Check your best interstate carriers and if you can get one to deliver your car to a Victorian based depo for a simular but slightly higher cost Kiwi will pay the difference.

To Sydney I say around $140

What I " can't get around "is how you claim that Prestige and J Spec will bring cars into Australia for you with absolutly no charge.Possibly you can tell me how and I shall go with them,instead of buying direct form auction with only one middle man from now on as I am always willing to learn.

I have a very accurate formular which I update / alter when using any other shipper than Kiwi.

This I have just put in 250 FOB with JPY exh rate of .086 & and US for freight at .072/3 and a GTi _ R is 9.48 C/Mtrs

I get total cost with all duties and GST to be $5108.

Prestige / J/Spec mandatory charge for all customers and advertised on their web sites unless they have dropped them lately $1000

Plus Campliance mods ( at original quote of $1200 )

Freight to Vic ... $1000

Rego approx $900

Paint ... $2300 - 3000

Tyres.... $300 ( crap ones at that )

Plus any other things which need doing ??

Approx $12,000 which is still pretty fair for a freshly painted GTi-R

Sound good on paper except that you are to assume that nothing needs to be done on the car other than paint :wink: I have had lots of parts go missing when shipping with Kiwi and their overseas claims department are impossible to got any satisfaction with should a claim be made.

Lastly SIB's on a GTI-R are an absolute horror to do as there is very little room inbetween the e/window frame and door skin.Expect to need help with this

To finalise and you probably know my opinion of these buckets is you still have a very old GTi-R :(

I am always ready to assist anyone to import an R but would never do it for free neither would I hold my hand up to warrant its condition on arr. :!:

Good luck

Cheers .... Del

Hi

Greg .... Just read your PM sorry.

With the SIB's requiring welding in this is a very very tricky job ( and I have done around 10 different models for SIB's for 1990 cars.)

You will require a channel section with plates welded on which you place on the inside of the door on the shut panel and hinge end of the door.

Then you will have to insert the 500/25 /2 mm(which I think won't fit and will need 50 / 20 /3 or 3.5 mm to do the job.)through the holes on th inside of the door and weld from the inside checking that the window doesn't foul before final welding

Beleive me its a cropp job.

I may still have some channel around and will look.

Cheers .... Del

Freight to Vic was only $150.

I do some work with Craig from J-spec and we do favros for each other, him getting cars for me if I want one and I get parts for him and I had a problem with a previous car that I purchased through Prestiege (thus I didn't pay a service fee as the description was not accurate at all).

I spoke to the engineer again and he said he can do everything for $1100 so I might just go with that.

I am paying $1400 for a full respray including labor ($1,000 for paint and materials and $400 for labor)

I have tyres here for the moment which will do until my Racing Hart CR's arrive from Japan :)

Thanks for all your help Del..

Greg

P.S my car hasn't been customs cleared as yet I should have the breakdown in the next day or 2.

Hi

Greg

Your deals seem better and better by the minute.

Resprays for $1400 and must be expensive paint at $1000 :shock: ... possibly the other way round with labour.

I should send all my cars to Vic to get painted. :oops:

Kiwi charge $237.80 to send a family sized vehicle to Sydney,and you get your to Victoria for $150 is that with Kiwi Greg ?.... Man I am obviously doing things wrong and now well pissed :( .... I will ask you one last thing,do you have a contact within Kiwi as I can't get cars into Sydney even under a buisiness using Kiwi.

Still good luck and I hope all comes out as you expect

Cheers .... Del

Just don't pay Del in advance or you may just see your money dissapear Greg.

(preparing for the flaming and scanning my debt collectors invoice)

The paint and total materials came to around $1000, I am paying only $400 in labour.

When you work in the industry and help a lot of people out on a day to day basis you tend to get good deals and get looked after quite well.

On the Kiwi invoice it has freight from Brisbane to Melbourne for $150.

I haven't just joined the car scene overnight and have an idea of what to expect/not expect. If the cars like what the report says then I got a great deal, if not for under 6k landed I can't go wrong. Even if I stripped it I would get my 6k+ back.

Greg

I wish I could feel that way as I am waiting for my 17 k finance to come through, so I can waste it on a car that will cost me $500 a month.

Why did I have to fall in love with this car?

Is it strange that I want to put a non gtir pulsar bonnet on it and then go out scaring holdens all night?

Not strange at all. The big thing is that you will be scaring other GTiR owners.

Why did I have to fall in love with this car?

Is it strange that I want to put a non gtir pulsar bonnet on it and then go out scaring holdens all night?

LOL... sounds like me (except I didn't get finance).

The bonnet thing is a goer I think.

I'll have pics in a few weeks with my car resprayed with a normal N14 bonnet :)

Greg

Lilbeefer, if your in Vic i may be interested in buying your bonnet, purely for my self, mine had a ding in it a few years back and the poor (but expensive) repair work is showing through now, not happy....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0