Sign in to follow this  
papa_smurf

Search no more - here is your "DREAM" gtir

I am guessiing he has it all wrong, and that the motor has been built to take 700+hp.

And obviously it's bored 20thou, not 120thou

But you would still have to spend serious money to get a 10sec car, like box, turbo, exhaust, ecu, boost controller, FMIC, Air Pod, etc, etc, etc.

So the only thing this car has really had done, is had a rebuild with fordged (most likely after he blew it up) and clutch.

I will stick with mine.

120thou is only 3mm, so that makes it 89mm pistons, which aren't outrageously big, but bigger than most put in during a rebuild. He might have had it sleeved and he's neglected to say so...

Guest western-r

Just from looking at the pics there is alot missing from the engine bay and the bay looks dirty, I don't know about anyone else here but when I had my engine out I cleaned the bay up, you get rid of dust and stuff. Also the engine looks too dirty to have just been rebuilt, When I got mine back from workshop it sparkled and this one 'hasn't been run since build' so should be clean. Also the pic of the rear diff shows it has a fair amount of oil on it and thats looking from the back so there's a leak there for the new owner to deal with. A triple plate clutch with a "700+hp" engine and is gonna kill the stock box in no time at all! I would give the guy $4k tops and use the car for parts, only really get to have a spare engine and gearbox wouldn't want to waste my time finishing the car off! Just my opinion though.

I WROTE:

hey im lookin for a gtir at the momentjust a few questions... what turbo u runnin? do u have receipts? who did the work for you? have u upgraded the brakes? is it a guaranted 700????

HE ROTE:

the turbo being used is a t28 nissan turbo it has been highflowed and a ceramic blade has been added to keep it running kool ! we have most recipts for the engine its a guaranteed motor 700 hp with capabilitys of 900 hp seriously the car is a stel at this price !

700HP OUT OF A T28...GIVE ME TWO!!!!

I WROTE:

hey i'm lookin for a gtir at the momentjust a few questions... what turbo you runnin? do you have receipts? who did the work for you? have you upgraded the brakes? is it a guaranted 700????

HE ROTE:

the turbo being used is a t28 nissan turbo it has been highflowed and a ceramic blade has been added to keep it running kool ! we have most recipts for the engine it's a guaranteed motor 700 hp with capabilitys of 900 hp seriously the car is a stel at this price !

700HP OUT OF A T28...GIVE ME TWO!!!!

Clear case of Fraud IMO.

I feel sorry for anyone who simply takes the guys word for it.

I'd like to see a written, signed and dated letter stating the car is capable of 700hp as sold or the money required to reach 700hp will be given. Simple!

wow thats awesome, when I looked at the phots i thought it was shiot too. I think he is full of it

I am guessiing he has it all wrong, and that the motor has been built to take 700+hp.

And obviously it's bored 20thou, not 120thou

But you would still have to spend serious money to get a 10sec car, like box, turbo, exhaust, ecu, boost controller, FMIC, Air Pod, etc, etc, etc.

So the only thing this car has really had done, is had a rebuild with fordged (most likely after he blew it up) and clutch.

I will stick with mine.

120thou is only 3mm, so that makes it 89mm pistons, which aren't outrageously big, but bigger than most put in during a rebuild. He might have had it sleeved and he's neglected to say so...

I was under the impression you could only bore a motor out 60 thou max, then it had to be resleeved. Well thats what they told my brother when he rebuilt his old Cleveland V8, and had it bored out 40 thou.

Guess you learn something new every day.

I was under the impression you could only bore a motor out 60 thou max, then it had to be resleeved. Well thats what they told my brother when he rebuilt his old Cleveland V8, and had it bored out 40 thou.

Guess you learn something new every day.

yeh to go that far oversize you'd need to re-sleeve it for sure, but as i said, he might have had it resleeved and neglected to say so in the details.

neglected to say so in the details

I think he has done a lot of that,

COUPLED with

extreme levels of

EXAGGERATION

iS tHAT pOLITICALLY cORRECT eNOUGH

everything I've read about the ad and comments made by this person

SCREAMS CON ARTIST EXTROIDINAIRE

Gary

Guest Shan

Hmmm Me Thinks He Was Jakin Off Whilst Writing The Add Up [schild=13 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]:)[/schild]

The seller is not very consistant with their replies it seems:

Me:

"the pictures you have of the engine bay, are they before or after the rebuild? it looks like stock turbo and manifold? is there a different turbo that comes with it? has the fuel pump and injectors been upgraded for the 700hp?"

Them:

"these pics are after the rebuild as the add explains all the internals are done this is an unfinished project the engine will need as folws for 700 hp + a intercooler bigger turbo and computer possibly bigger injectors if you like the remapped computer usually takes care of this and a fule injected fule pump the standard on shoule be fine as they already have a high psi rating thanks regards bazzamundy "

I know what I've had to do to get close to a 700hp motor and its alot more than that, bigger valves, big cams, definantey not stock stock rods, a porting job youd cream over and all arp bolts, this guy is such a dreamer he lives in a world totally different to all of us.....

My T-67 isnt going to get me close to this thats y im either buying a gt3540 or maybe even a t-78. so please someone buy my turbo kit:):):)