Sign in to follow this  

Compliance?

This is not a 15 year old import right? Assuming it isn't, then you a going through RAWS then. When I had mine checked in SA who are renowned for being assholes to anyone under age 50. They expected EVERY last nut and bolt to be factory spec.

Off the top of my head (its quite a big list):

standard rims with new tyres (with the little nobly bits still there)

airbox

exhaust

side intrusuion bars

3rd level brake light

child restraint harness points

Owner's manual (a butchered combination of australian and euro sections)

new fluids & filters

seatbelts (depending)

flat drivers side rear view mirror

dash light dimmer (I think they came to their senses an withdrew this requirement)

...the list goes on...

If someone on here could supply you with the list of stuff the complier did to their R's, that would be a big head start for you.

Although there are some things that need to be added due to comply with ADR's standards like seat belts, 3rd level brake light etc. etc.

Just clear up one thing. Who rang who regarding these issues?

Did you ring Vic roads?

Check and see if it has been registered in Australia first. If its been complied, then it should have the compliance plate in the engine bay, and they might have the complance records of when the job was done, and by who. I was given my papers on who complied mine when I bought it.

Not sure what the laws are in Vic. But I would have thought if it was registered before, then it shouldn't be too difficult to get it passed again. Might have to change the wheel size though.

But if it is a person import that hasn't been complied, then you will have some work ahead of you to get it too past. Back to STANDARD. means removal (or maybe hide) the eboost setup. Standard airbox, standard wheels, etc.

Good luck

Guest prospective owner

Issues: It has a compliance plate and has been registered but when i rang Vic roads to do a vehicle security check they said that the vin number on the car didnt match the one that they had on the system. Hence the reason they would like it to come in so that they can check that it is not some kind of illegal rebirth or some other way of getting around the system

It must have been complianced cause the usual things like the fuel restictor, sunvisor, side intrusion bars have been fitted.

It does however have a rear strut brace, pod filter, turbo smart e-boost set up and i dont care about the rims cause the owner will sell the old originals with new tyres with the car.

Its just a lot of work to find a stock air box (unless it is the same as pulsars sold within australia), and i dont know how to remove the e-boost cause it has no instructions, and the exhaust is not standard either.

looks like a lot of work to get it over the line, its just i love the RB close ration gearbox, Autech history as well and the mods that have been done.

Hmmmm some thinking over this one is required.

Thanks guys.

Guest prospective owner

Any one know where to get hold of the installation instructions for a turbosmart e-boost setup?

its a 0-40psi model, and i kind of may need to take it out but have no idea how to.

maybe all they'll do is make sure the numbers are sweet...turning the car back to stock may not be needed?

So if the car is owned by someone else at the moment, and they have proof of there original purchase(rego Paper), and the car isn't registered at the moment. Then see if the owner will allow you to put it on a trailor, and take it down there to have it checked out. Could be just a simple clerk input error.

If its all legit, then the owner shouldn't have a problem with this.

When i got mine reg, at Vic roads Hoppers X, i had alot of the usual suspects, eg K&N filter not seperated from the engine bay, 16"alloys, bleed valve, 3" exhuast(with out cat!) furry dice, but all the bloke pulled me up on was the fact that i didn't have the new compliance plate no. stamped into the body, and he then went on to show me where i could get that done, so within an hour of my first attempt(i had to wait for him to have spare time as they were booked out) i was regged on on the road.I think what you'll need to check out is that your compliance plate is legit, think you'll need the original export approval stamped to show compliance is legit(somewhere in Niddrie), and then a RWC. What Vic roads really likes is for you to have all the paper work ready in one go, the immpression i got from my examiner was that he wanted all the no.s to match, he never even looked inside the car, or at the tyres, maybe i was just lucky.....Get a RWC last thing on a friday arvo, and leave a 6pack on the seat!!!!

Good luck, it's worth it, or just check out the for sale section of this site, probabley alot easier