Sign in to follow this  
supa_rolla

[SOLD] [NSW] '92 Blue $17.9k

Guest Disgruntled Buyer

Just to let everyone know why this car has not sold in so long....

I teed up a meeting with this owner to meet at his house in Sydney. This was arranged the night before after 5hours calling his mobile no, only to hear his message bank time and time again.

I got his address and waited until morning to leave from Newcastle (yes 2hrs drive plus $30 worth of petrol) Upon reaching the end of the freeway I attempted to ring him to tell him we were close and to make sure all was good.

AGAIN phone went straight to message bank time and time again.

I thought ah well he's asleep so we continued until we reached his house. Upon arrival I tried his phone a multitude more times and left numerous text messages.

In summary....... you like the look of this car? Don't bother trying to buy it, the owner either doesn't want to sell or is just a fair dinkum wanker.

I wish you the worst of luck and if I ever see you expect to be knocked out.

well there is actually a good explanation to all this...

if had my phone I would have answered it mate, it was birthday on Friday and I celebrated a bit too hard, lost my phone that night and the rest is history. Anyway sorry to stuff you around, I can asure you this does not happen often!

Just to let everyone know why this car has not sold in so long....

I teed up a meeting with this owner to meet at his house in Sydney. This was arranged the night before after 5hours calling his mobile no, only to hear his message bank time and time again.

I got his address and waited until morning to leave from Newcastle (yes 2hrs drive plus $30 worth of petrol) Upon reaching the end of the freeway I attempted to ring him to tell him we were close and to make sure all was good.

AGAIN phone went straight to message bank time and time again.

I thought ah well he's asleep so we continued until we reached his house. Upon arrival I tried his phone a multitude more times and left numerous text messages.

In summary....... you like the look of this car? Don't bother trying to buy it, the owner either doesn't want to sell or is just a fair dinkum w**ker.

I wish you the worst of luck and if I ever see you expect to be knocked out.

Don't you think if someone doesn't answer there mobile, that there would normally be something wrong.

If you didn't want to take calls, you would simply disonnect the number, or turn off messagebank. Why would someone trying to sell a car, not answer a call of a buyer. Doesn't make sense. Even if he had a higher offer, you would still answer cause you might get more.

So you really might want to lose the attitude there mate. :roll:

if you are worried about the $30 in fuel it cost you to go down there dont buy a GTIR

you are setting a bad example for the people in newcastle. :?

I would be pretty fucked off if this happened to me. Don't worry Adam, you made my mind up about the people of Newcastle long ago :-( I hope the disgruntled buyer has better luck and finds the car he is looking for.

Wow- Disguntled Buyer, you really have Nathan all wrong.

I had a look at his car before buying mine and Nathan was really friendly, helpful, honest and generally a really, really nice guy. I can understand the frustration for you, but I really think you should consider extenuating circumstances before bagging someone out like that.

Also, you might be doing yourself and injustice as it seems to be a really nice car. I only chose mine instead of Nathan's as the seller was located much closer to where I live and, and I wanted one in black (just to be different!)

Good luck with the sale Nathan.

thanks for your comments, especially you Kelly, I really wish you had of bought my car, at least then I would have known it went it to a loving home!

I would be pretty f**ked off if this happened to me. Don't worry Adam, you made my mind up about the people of Newcastle long ago :-( I hope the disgruntled buyer has better luck and finds the car he is looking for.

I read every post every day but i dont have much to say may be you have me confused with another Adam??????????????????

g'day mate

I had my CBR (thats a motorbike to you tin can drivers) stolen today and im looking to purchase a Gti-R. Can you forward more details onto me please? The insurance pay out will probably just cover it.

where_is_wally@hotmail.com

Cheers

Andy

Well it's been a long time coming, but my baby is finally sold.

She'll be making her way up to a new owner in Townsville in the next week or so.

holy shit! that must be around 1 year on the market. and over $5K price reduction. damn you must be pleased it's gone.

holy s**t! that must be around 1 year on the market. and over $5K price reduction. damn you must be pleased it's gone.

was on the market for about 8 months, and the price started at about $17500, so I've dropped it about $3k.

I'm actually a bit sad it's going, I'm going to miss the little beast!

good stuff Nathan...glad to hear you found a buyer after so long...its a shame the price had to be so low though

kelvin

Congrats Nathan,

You know I don't think I have ever heard a BOV as nice as the one that you had on your 'r. Glad it will actually be driven now!!!

:) Thanks Kelly,

Well I dropped the car off at the transport depot today and almost shed a tear. The love affair is oficially over.

I just want to thank everyone here that has offered advice, helping hands etc etc, in my time of owning a GTIR. This is a great forum with a great bunch of members! The new owner should be joining up sometime soon.

Take care everyone.

see ya Nathan...all the best in the future

kelvin