Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gazman

Daily driven?

Guest markimak

yeah a good warm up in the mornin and a cool down in the arvo.. and some TLC is what she needs

Guest Rotormotor

Thanks for the replies!

I figured as much, the economy most talk about is just well over the top.

That said my Rx was well and truly over the top when driving it stupidly as well, but if I drove it like most of the population drive then the fuel economy was as stated above.

Likewise I never needed to go replacing things all the time

(but then I never had the habit of sitting on the brakes or side stepping my clutch - was always up to friction grab start the pull so everything was under tension then stepping)

Seems like a great car, but like most stuff on the Internet you only hear the bad and it always seems worse cause every complaint comes out.

RM

Im coming up to six months of ownership this month and I have to say im pretty impressed with the car.

I have had no major things go wrong, touch wood.

Things that have gone wrong with it so far.

ABS is playing up.

Climate Control didnt work.

Passenger window has gone to snails pace.

Odometer was fixed twice!

Whilst not major things, I can thank my lucky stars its under warrenty. Id say the odometer and climate control would have cost me close to $600 in parts and labour, then theres ABS which could be just a sensor, if not could cost me a bit, again covered by warrenty.

I guess I paid more to go with a dealer but its paid for all those small things that would have soon added up.

Overall still stoked, still impresses me everday I drive it.

When you get used to the power, take some time out and drive something else, soon puts it back in perspective.

Seems like a great car, but like most stuff on the Internet you only hear the bad and it always seems worse cause every complaint comes out.

RM

When you find a place like this, you not only hear the problems, but how to fix them yoursleves.

Plus you also hear all the fun peole have with there GTi-R's. If you join, you will read all about the kill stories, and how these little cars kill all but the exoctics and fully worked cars.

Dollar for dollar you will be hard pressed to find a better valued sports car on the market. 2K worth of mods ( exhaust, pod, boost) and you have a car that will beat 56k evo's and sti's. And we all know how people rave about their power. Another 2.5k spent on handling mods, and you might go close to keeping up with them around the bends....thats where our cars lack against new cars.

And theres a couple here for sale, :wink: going for very good prices. If you are quick.

Guest markimak

as jesse said not much goes wrong with these in the right hands..

Ive had my R since march.. just a few of my mishaps..

-turbo was replaced prior to buyin it.. original owner rooted it 18psi all day

-he bent the turbo oil feed line.. had to fix myself. it started to leak.

-central lockin played up A/M actuator dodgy install.

-$800 diagnostic tune.. and A/F check. previous owner put a malpassi on with out setting it up..!

-soon to have a full rebuild.. as its noisey as hell.. 147km its slowly dyin

like i said if its in the right hands then its excellent.. check it over before hand.. get a nice clean one.. look after it.. and it wont go wrong..

Guest Rotormotor

Guys,

Thanks for all the replies, I travelled with the GF on the weekend to Sydney and looked over Nathans car (its awsome) but we have yet to hear back from Simon.

Looks like we are convinced that a GTIR is the go, but would still like to see a couple so that when the money is put on the table there are no 2nd thoughts.

RM

Things that have gone wrong with it so far.

Passenger window has gone to snails pace.

mine did that too... i just ordered a new window runner rubber

hth

(if u havnt already fixed it)