Sign in to follow this  
BD581

**SOLD** My black baby

Rego: BD581

https://www.gtiroz.net/topic/2836-sold-my-black-baby-is-fs/

Regretably i'm looking to see if anyone is interested in my R. 😞

I've got the craving for something a little different (not giving any hints guys :wink: but it is an upgrade which is really hard to find)

Open to sensible offers, i'm not in any rush to sell, so i'm not going to give it away.

But if somebodies offer is too good to refuse (and the bank wants to give me some money) congratulations, you will be the owner of a much loved GTi-R

Pics can be found in the link below

156,000km but i'm sure the previous owner has rebuilt it.

Newish, still perfect clutch

16x7 Mags with near new tyres

No rattles, not even in the motor

Perfect interior

Apexi RSM (maybe, depends on what i buy and if i can be bothered removing it)

Genuine steering wheel - Autotechnica fitted

Sony CD MP3 player, Pioneer, Kenwood & Sony speakers

Front and rear strut braces

New DBA Slotted and drilled brakes - front and rear

Goes well, handles well. Serviced every 3 months no matter how few kays - usually around 1500

All usual R faults fixed - front camber, starter motor, clutch pedal

Fastidiously looked after, washed once a week.

This really is one of the better Rs around, and i'm not just saying that to sell

More pics available by request

Email me at

denningbrad@yahoo.com.au

R_brad_2.jpg.919b02ae478a3fd4af8c05d0de092cc6.jpg

Not another one selling.

Hope you get what you want Brad.

So give us a hint.

Still sticking with Turbo no doubt, so it is 4x4 ? Or rear wheel drive?

I put my money on a Skyline or Supra. They would be my only upgrades,,,lol

i say a GTR of some sort...is there anything else? :)

kelvin

evo VIII. or maybe, just maybe, an 05 STi wrx. i'm sure it'll be worth it, whatever it is.

With the exception of the Subaru and the Volvo (your an idiot dave!) your on the right track.

Mow time for a game of mastermind

One of you guys got it right

That could hurt Brad :( .

If I had feelings :lol::lol:

Well I still stand with my first 2...as where my next will come from ...I think personally , with what I have heard about how strong the Supra motor is, that I would go a supra TT.

They are less common compared to a GTR, you can do some serious drifting. Plus they can look so tough with the right kit.

well we have only listed, Skyline (GTR), Supra, Evo 8, 05 STi, Stagea and the Volvo...you said its something different and an upgrade... in the above 6 cars...the only one that would be an 'upgrade' would be the GTR, Supra (TT) Evo and STi...but you said 'different' so this now wipes out the GTR, Supra and possibly STi....then you said with the exception of 'Subaru and Volvo' ...so my money is on the Evo :) but somethins saying Supra

go the GTR or Evo!

kelvin

I reckon I'm on the money with the Stagea! Staying with a Nissan me thinks! Plus it's something different, and with the Autech 260RS model you get the GTR engine/drivetrain from an R33, so I'd say that's an upgrade! If I ever need a family wagon, this'd be my choice :D

Mitch

Nothing gets past you guys.

Especially Dave and Kelvin

Yes, i'm looking at a TT Supra.

List included basically everything everyone has mentioned

GTR - too old, R33 to expensive

Autech Stagea - much to expensive

Subaru - the amount i bag them out i would never live it down

EVO - Too expensive except EVO 4

R34 Skyline - boreing

Chaser - To expensive for a manual

So if anyone knows of a good clean lowish kays 6spd TT Supra who wants a trade + cash i'm interested. Prefer stock or minor mods, not black, stock body or factory optional skirts

how much you looking at spending? i didn't think TT Supra were that cheap...

kelvin

you'd need to come for a drive to Sydney and check out a few importers -I've seen TT Supra's between 25 and 55k :)

If you put a GT42R on the manifold it's an upgrade from a GTI-R for sure :)

Looking at spending $30K

All depends on what i can get for mine, what the bank will give me, and if i can afford what the bank wants to give.

Suprisingly, insurance isn't that much more than the R. Considering its twice the value.

When originally querying a couple insurers about GTiR's, they said it was in the highest risk rating - even above GTR's!!

Personally, I think you could kill yourself in both just as easily...

I got a quote on a few cars at once (S15, Supra, Skyline) and the insurance company (Famous classic) said they don't care what it is, just my age (above 21, so no prob) Turbo or not, and value.

All cars were the same price

Just need to find time to get to the bank, and start the ball rolling

whoa that thing's Phat! not sure on the rims though

kelvin

I recon its awsome. And I love the Deep Dish wheels on Supras.

If I had the cash I would get it in a heartbeat. I always love that colour.

If i was to respray mine, that colour would be top of the list.

I wouldn't touch anything painted in candy, cant touch it up and its near impossible to match the colour, not to mention bloody hard to paint

Looked at my mates, mates Supra. Yuk.

Went OK, but the interior is terrible, especially the door trims, so cheap looking.

I know that sounds fussy, but hey, if im spending that amount of money i think i'm entitled!

So my short list is now down to a S15 or (dare i say) Honda S2000. Deep down i'm a bit of a Honda nut. Huge amount of respect for their engineering, and i have a old S600, unless i burn the bloody thing, after its third engine rebuild that took two and a half years the water pump died on the weekend. Only been going for a month. Its just a bearing, but typically, there are no bearings available that size.

Bloody cars!!!

My uncle whole sales an S15 2 weeks ago from his lot. I was like Noooooooooo.

Owned by a doctor. 35k klm only.....looks shmick.,

I saw it there in the morning, and 2 hours later, i was like, where the Fark is that S15..... :evil:

A mate of mine Brad, has a mate in Sydeny, who has a stock S2000 he will sell for 35k

PM if you are interested and I will get more details.