Sign in to follow this  
ibtwitchin

[WTB] GTiR up to $7k

Hi Guys. I have a mate who is pretty keen to get a GTiR. He has upto 7k to spend just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone selling a reasonably decent one for around those $'s 

He's located in Wollongong but will travel for a the right one! 

Cheers guys! 

And yes when he finds one he will become a forum member 👍👍

I've been keeping a pretty close eye on the ones advertised at the moment! They have definately gone up a bit over the last 8 months or so! I'm just trying to keep him out of a starlet GT or familia lol! 

Prices have gone up, but are they actually selling? It would need to be pretty special to ask over 10k for an R these days. ie; genuine stock (or close to)

Sellers can ask for whatever they like...but if they're not selling its a pointless price tag.

If you're going to buy and mod an R...you either keep it forever or keep mods minimal. You're never going to get your money back on a 20yo car.

My 2c :)

• Like 2

2 years ago you could get as many as you wanted for 3.5-4k. All of those seem to have disappeared though now.,

• Like 1

ive got one for sale (once I get some spare time ill get photos etc of it). the previous fs thread for it when (from 2 sales ago) is here (or google GT11RR):

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/360503-91-gtir-for-saleswap-sydney/ - and this one from when i bought it

With rego coming up in a month or so id probably be looking about 6k. Few changes since then (std suspension, one of the plastic external side trims fallen off). New tires last year and is only a weekend driver (maybe has done 15k since i bought it 2011). Needs suspension knock fixed (think it was strut top needing replacing... replaced one of them a year or two ago) but thats about it from memory.

Peter

Hey Thanks Peter! 

He will be upset by seeing this I think. He ended up getting a Starlet gt over the weekend. I was pretty suprised by it. Cool little car! I wouldn't imagine you will have a problem selling it atm at that price range! It looks like a nice one! GL!!

Cheers mate!