Sign in to follow this  
Guest squizzy92

sr20 rebuild opions

Guest squizzy92

Have to rebuild my sr20 due to compression loss in piston 1. New to this so if i could get a list of all the parts need. Looking at upgrading the block from bottom to top. Cheers

20151122_135538.jpg

There's not really a specific list of parts required for a rebuild as such.

Each rebuild is different, and heavily dependent on what is damaged, and what the desired outcome/intended usage will be.

As an example: some parts which are fairly common to engine rebuilds are headgasket, pistons, rings, rods, cams, springs and bearings... but you should rely on the expertise of your trusted engine builder to make suggestions for your particular case.

This is the public "prospective owner queries" section. Since you are obviously an actual owner - sign up and join the club!

There are years of ride blogs and discussion from owners who outline the parts they have used for rebuilds, and caring and dedicated members who are happy to share their knowledge and experience with these cars.

I am a gtiroz member. I so far have tomei 260 12mm rise cams. Tomei valve springs, 1.5mm head gasket and arp head studs. Want to rebuild the whole engine to a safe tuned 260kw

Then log in, do some searches and post in the relevant section dude! (ie. modifications)

This public section can only be seen by guests and staff...