Sign in to follow this  
Guest attycuz

Possible new car

Guest attycuz

Hey Guys, 

Ive always wanted a GTiR and having just sold my 300zx now is the time to buy (if the wife lets me haha) 

I have been looking around and found this example on gumtree, has anyone seen it before or got any information on it? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/revesby/cars-vans-utes/1992-nissan-pulsar-gti-r/1085315374

Is there anything i should really look out for? He has owned it for about 10 years which has to be a good thing. 

And you reckon its an ok price? 

Sorry for all the questions. 

Thanks 

Questions are welcome :)

Don't recognise it as being in the club.

Pics are a bit small, and no real shots of the interior... but from what you can see it does look pretty clean and unmodified.

The green (DL2) colour is quite rare which is a bonus, as are those spotlights (although they look to be missing some of the bracketry, which could mean they were installed afterwards) and the rear speaker unit is also a bit special (if it works).

The broken odometer is questionable (may have been tampered with). Although the if the interior is in good condition, and an engine compression test shows good results that's not really an issue.

- Compression test engine.

- Check service history for regular fluid changes (engine, gearbox, transfer, rear diff, clutch, brakes).

- Inspect/drive several different examples to get a feel for how the engine sounds and gear shifts feel so you can compare it to this one.

If it is indeed in good nick then the price is fair in the current market.

What's your intended use?

Also to add,

this car was for sale through a car yard many years ago...sporting a different front bumper. i'm certain the current seller would have been the buyer from back then.

http://www.gtiroz.net/gallery/misc/features/specialgreen/album317

its been unregistered for close to 4 years, so keep that in mind if/when you look over it.

the seller won't budge from his asking price...at all. which i personally think is a bit much for a car thats been sitting idle for as long as this has.

but, if you're in the market...this would be worth a look.

good luck!

Guest Attycuz

Wow good find on the old posts :)

Yeah ill go check it out and have a look, now I know what to look for.

As for use nothing to drastic, subtle modifications and maintenence. (That's how they all start haha)

There is also this one I'm looking at too...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/orange/cars-vans-utes/nissan-gtir-1991-/1086603316

Which I can get for the same price as the other...

Thanks for the help so far.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this