Sign in to follow this  
Guest steve

front mount intercooler

Guest steve

hi guys on the lookout for a gtir. i want one with a front mount intercooler but there is one i like with a top mounted intercooler. do u guys know how much it would cost to purchase a large intercooler and then have it installed to a gtir. thanks guys ll be seeking membership when i buy one of these fabulous cars :D

You can get:

• Generic brand (Chinese) kits on eBay for about $350-400

• "Hybrid" brand kits (also Chinese, and arguably the same as the generic ones) for around $700

• A really good one (that's not so stupidly large, and doesn't require butchering of the front bar) custom made from a high quality Australian place like Plazmaman or PWR for $1000-1500.

Note that the factory TMIC works ok when moving. There's not really any great need for a FMIC if:

- You don't do a lot of stop-start driving (which the GTI-R is not very good for anyway)

- You don't live in a hot climate area (ie. QLD)

- You don't take it to the track regularly

- You're not making over 180kw atw

Guest steve

Thanks for the info mate.not sure weather its worth getting one if I did I would just want a decent size one so the front bar dousent have to be cut out. Dont like that look. Adelaie can get pretty hot. But I dont drive in heavy traffic much. Ill have to think about it cause I do plan on pushing it past 180kw. Also are those prices including instal? Im guessing notl.