Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rorym

Current Ebay prices

14 posts in this topic

I am selling my Van Diemen F2000 open wheeler on my105 and looking for a track car with some tasteful mods/enhancements.

Now I know I am new to this but the cars on Ebay at the moment look cheap to me.

94 mod,73klms, minimum mods $6800. Heavy modded black car $8000.

Stock black car sitting at $3000..probably will go higher..which doesnt help sellers on here I know but as a cash buyer I need to look at what you get for your dollar..

The $15000 track car in collectors cars on Ebay..while nice is not going to get those $$ I am told.

These things dont seem to be holding value at the moment..(good for me, with cash in the bank)...

Any motivated sellers out there,I am happy to talk to....but the $7500 car on Carsales in Melb with a lunched motor doesnt rate at the moment..

R

ebay is useless for current market value indication

carsales shows the going rate is currently around 7-10k (for road cars at least)

dedicated track examples have always been rare, and more likely to be found on places like my105

ie. http://www.my105.com...ls.aspx?id=3337

obviously depends on what level of racing you plan on, and how much you want to do yourself,

but i think the 3 generalised options would be:

- a basic example and spend 10k getting it trackworthy

- something with good bits and maybe only need to spend 5k

- a prebuilt one for 15k and go racing the next day

Where do you mean by "here" exactly?

These are the ones on carsales in QLD at the moment (and the rest of country is showing basically the same)

post-80-13257361084879_thumb.jpg

I'll have to learn how to do that.

I was trying to do something similar but couldn't get the attachment thingy to work.

No need now, the boss has done it.

By here I mean...HERE..look in Classifieds..

I dont go on Carsales...there are better bargains around..Ebay, my105.com etc..Carsales is not the way to buy a car..and if you use that as your yard stick...you are way off the mark and missing the bargains..

R

Clearly if you buy something like these you'll be spending a bit to get it up to some standard to put on a track.

How much is your budget?

[you should be able to see the pics now]

in you're first post you said "the cars on ebay at the moment look cheap" and then gave examples of $6.8k and $8k (both were road cars),

i just said the current market value for road cars was $7-10k (suggesting that the prices you mentioned were not really cheap)

carsales is pretty much the national standard these days and gives a fair indication of the market,

obviously the listing values are just asking prices, and i don't think anyone actually buys a car (new or used) for the asking price.

bargains usually come from haggling rather dirt cheap announcements...

here - ahh ok, but in the last 6 months i can't see any road cars for under $7k without problems?

(and the vast majority of the sound ones were asking under 11k)

Thanks for that Shalom

Yeah maybe..I am after a track car so know what I need/find will need some work anyway.

R

I dont go on Carsales...there are better bargains around..Ebay, my105.com etc..Carsales is not the way to buy a car..and if you use that as your yard stick...you are way off the mark and missing the bargains..

R

Rory, thats crap.

Sometimes a so called 'bargain' like on ebay (where people like to sell 'sight unseen'/ interstate etc) require the same money to get them up to a roadworthy level than purchasing a avergage priced car on carsales.

Majority of the carsales cars have RWC/ currently registered, with these cars a RWC can be 'fun' to achieve, hence the $ increase, if you want a track car, you could pick up a bargain with no reg and RWC.

Ahh..Adam..you just answered your own post..I am looking for a track car.as stated...therefore...??????.....the bargain statement is correct...

R

Well car sales advertises on Ebay as do many other sites . . just a thought since they all share the sales and info around these days.

hi rory, who stated/informed you i wouldnt get the 15k starting price for my track car, curious to see what makes them such an expert on race car pricing??? you stated the following: The $15000 track car in collectors cars on Ebay..while nice is not going to get those $$ I am told.:oops:

YEAH Darren..that was at the local Hungry Jacks hang out with the turbo kids in their S13/14/15 and WRXs....I was asking about cars and prices..check the date of the post...we have since spoken then and I have learnt a lot more about them and your car specifically. Though having done more research I think that statement is reasonably accurate for a road car, irrespective of how modified it is..infact that probably distracts from the price of a road car now considering their age.

R

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0