[NSW] Ivan's old GTiR again $19.9k

21 posts in this topic

been the same owner advertising for the last few times Dan

priced too high. not by much though...

kelvin

been the same owner advertising for the last few times Dan

priced too high. not by much though...

kelvin

Yep, started at something like $25,000, then $23,500, and once sold for $18,000 and now $19900, all by the one seller.

When he gets it down to around the $15-17,000 mark he will be in the ball park for market values.

He is never going to recoup his cost, which is what he has been basically attempting to do. Doesn't want to face devaluation over time. Remember it is now only just over a grand less (5%) than what Ivan sold it for some years ago.

Most other R's have depreciated by at least 30-40% over that time to a market value of around $7-9,000

Buy an EVO 7 or for that price nowadays.

and still be slower :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe so, but that is something you should be used to owning a 180 Chris :P

don't worry, he'll retort with plans for a VVL motor and GT35...probably

I never said about my own car Troy :wink:

It does the job for now anyway.

Dave - Meh RB26 Conversion + twin GTSS's :wink::wink: :mrgreen:

Its really nice of the seller to offer registered posting for only $3 :eh:

I never said about my own car Troy :wink:

It does the job for now anyway.

Dave - Meh RB26 Conversion + twin GTSS's :wink::wink: :mrgreen:

I'm sorry :(

177k klms isn't a small amount either for these cars. I'm guessing the engine is much lower klms, but still its $20k for a nearly 20 year old car.

Still it is a cool car, assuming nothing's been fundamentally broken on it?

If it dropped to $15k, I might even be interested... :-)

well it's a nice car but it's 20 years old for one thing and was in a big accident and had extensive repair (nothing to suggest it was not done properly though). yes it has a good engine set-up and box etc but even that was built 10 years ago. 10 year old built motor may or may not have a huge amount of life left in it before it needs a freshen up too. as you mentioned it also has near enough to 200,000kms.

realistically given a neat GTI-R these days is around $8K or so, I would say this is worth no more than $13K. that's still around 50% above market prices. it will never get a buyer for $20K, I'd even doubt $15K will see it sold. the mods are just too old and the car has too much kms to be worth that much. if it were the original owner (ivan) who performed all the mods selling it, and they were only done say 1 or 2 years ago then it would be worth a bit more.

and yes it is nice of him to offer $3 registered post. not sure how well aus post will deal with a whole car though.

nice car but ive got more chance of getting that kind of money for mine

My feeling is that it ain't worth much after it's been through two owners.

It may have been well built and good stuff but the more power, the easier to abuse. And it won't be ANY cheaper or easier to fix.

I'd be more interested in a car in really good shape with a basic engine.

But I don't know the car so perhaps my opinion isn't worth much.

Hil

The state the body and interior is in would fetch almost $10K IMO.

it's a good GTI-R but again, given kms, age of mods and it's history I'd say $13K would be a pretty successful sale price for it. but hey, it's his car he can ask $50K for it if he wants to...