[VIC] 1993 Black GTiR $6.2k

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

• Purchased: 2008

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Finally selling my beloved little black beast after 3 years of sterling service (time to get something a little less thirsty is all).

153,000 kms (many of them on the Hume Highway).

When I bought the car it was stock standard apart from the wheels, but it now has the following upgrades:

* Smaller leather steering wheel with genuine horn button
* Short shift kit with leather gearknob (shift feels much tighter and better than standard to me)
* Wallbro fuel pump
* BC Coilovers (32-way adjustable, from soft and surprisingly comfy to race-hard - also easy ride height adjust - still have original suspension which I can supply on demand)
* Fresh pod filter since pics
* DBA slotted rotors all round
*15" wheels and Bridgestone RE001 Adrenalins with good tread (15s give nice ride/handling balance IMHO)
* Fresh plugs and turbo hoses
* JVC CD/MP3 head unit and full premium Response speaker set (6.5" splits front; 6x9s on parcel shelf coz I couldn't squeeze a sub in)
* 3" split dump from AM Performance and custom skinny exhaust from cat back for legality (has boost controller as pictured but have never run it over stock boost - just installed it to replace stuffed solenoid; you could turn up the wick if you wanted to...).

...plus a host of minor things, but no major mods or blingy bits.

The paint is a little faded in parts (mainly bonnet and side of roof), but it polishes up OK.

Basically she runs really well - pulls hard and cruises down the highway just fine. Only mech issue I can think of is slightly worn synchro on 1st, but it's been like that since I got it!

Exact Location: Ashwood

Currently reg'd (until September) in ACT (i just moved down), can leave it like that (if you happen to be moving to Canberra) or sell unreg'd. Vic reg and roadworthy could be included with a bit of negotiation :wink:

UPDATE: Renewed Canberra rego until December and put it in for Vic roadworthy. All it needs are a couple of bulbs, fix tiny crack in windscreen and replace driveshaft boot.

More than happy to take questions and consider reasonable offers.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC03878.JPG
  • DSC03885.JPG
  • DSC03892.JPG
  • DSC03900.JPG
  • DSC03904.JPG

#2 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

Sheesh - not even a sarcastic response? It's in good nick and the price is definitely negotiable....

#3 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Bump - down to $7500. Have added extra silencer to exhaust to avoid unwanted attention here in Vic :wink: and now fixed exhaust hanger issue too.

#4 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Bump - now $6900ono. Shame Rs are so hard to sell - went for a drive in the sun yesterday and found myself wondering what else could put such a smile on your dial for similar bucks...not much I reckon!

#5 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Fitted new, smaller cat-back system to bring it down to 90dB - still goes well thanks to dump pipe thankfully.

#6 Pinney

Pinney

Tie-Wearing Balding Ranga

• Name: David Pinney
  • Purchased: 2006
Donator

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Hey, Do you work in Sth Melbourne. I think i saw this the other day.

#7 Power-paul

Power-paul

Club Member

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

Love the steering wheel, ive been thinking of same idea. Good luck with the sale mate!

#8 JAP-JET

JAP-JET

Club Member

• Name: Adam
  • Purchased: 2003

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Pressure wash and detail the engine bay you might have more luck

#9 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for the support Power-paul.

Rightyothen - nope I work in Clayton (at Monash), but I regularly go to Port Melb/Sth Melb to work on a friend's motorbike :)

JAP-JET - I'm a function over form kinda guy but I guess I need to make it appeal to more ppl hey...will try to find time to wash under there.

Another update - took it in for RWC and all it needs is reversing lights, new CV boot and a tiny chip in the windscreen repaired. Can anyone tell me how to fix reversing lights if it's not the bulbs? A switch near the gear lever perhaps? Or maybe a fuse?

#10 cozzmo

cozzmo

N15 Owner

• Name: Simon
  • Purchased: -
Donator

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

Switch is on the gearbox for the reverse lights.

#11 jeremy.hardy

jeremy.hardy

Ex-Owner

• Name: Jeremy
  • Purchased: 12/09-06/12

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:27 PM

For your reversing lights, I would suggest checking the wiring running from the chassis through to the boot. The boot lid harness junction is behind the trim panel on the passenger side C pillar. If you separate the plugs there, you can test to see if signal is getting to there. If it is, check the wiring going through the rubber hose from body to boot lid.

#12 semblance

semblance

Club Member

• Name: Andrew
  • Purchased: Aug 2010
Donator

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

I work less than 5 mins from Monash.. I'm shattered I haven't seen this drive past!

Good luck with the sale!

#13 asfletch

asfletch

Club Member

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

BUMP - price drop - now $6200.

I don't have a multimeter to find the weak link in the reversing light chain unfortunately (thanks all for tips), and there's nothing obvious to the naked eye around the tailgate, so I sourced a spare switch for the gearbox just in case it's that.

Also I degreased and washed the engine bay but that bloody lip on the intercooler still looks rubbish. Will rub it back and get some silver paint next I guess.