Will I fit?

14 replies to this topic

#1 [~R1ghty0th3n~]

[~R1ghty0th3n~]

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:56 PM

Hey all,

First up, i really appreciate the wealth of information stashed here in this forum on RNN14's

Anyway, As i'm looking to buy, i was interested to see if a big bloke like me, (6'6" / 200cm), would fit without having to lick his own kneecaps, or having to cut the bottom out of the steering wheel.
Currently own a sh*t*er hand-me-down EF Falcon, which i fit comfortably.

The reason is, I recently drove a mate's R33 GTS-t and i was quite uncomfortable after 30 mins of Spirited driving (10-2, heel- toeing etc).

This is just a useful reference for me or anyone who has an answer?

Thanks, Dave.

P.S. RB25DET's suck!

#2 pschurr

pschurr

Club Member

• Name: Peter
  • Purchased: 2003
Donator

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

I'm 6'2.5", and I find it annoying that I sit so high in the factory seat. But I have fitted a fixed race seat, and lowered it as far as it can go, now it is beautiful. Legs are more parallel, knees are lower, gear stick is forward (not down).

On the track my left knee would often be in the way of the hands on the wheel. It was not ideal.

Another 4 inches would be very restrictive in the factory seat. There ain't a lot of knee room. If your head wasn't in the liner, a helmet would definitely be. Mine was.

peter

#3 mcstevo

mcstevo

Club Member

• Name: steve
  • Purchased: 2001
Donator

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:15 AM

I'm 6'2" and i find the car nice and comfy to drive, may depend on your prefered driving positon, and your a bit taller, but i don't think it should be a problem for you, have you driven one yet?

#4 [~R1ghty0th3n~]

[~R1ghty0th3n~]

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:11 PM

nup, it really doesn't make sense to waste ppls time t/driving cars, when i really have no right to yet. still broke.

#5 [~markimak~]

[~markimak~]

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

im sure ull fit.. if not u can allways customise it.. when i drive skylines/200sx or any coupe i always find it little more cramped than the R' u will find that the R' has more than enough room but not enough for a tool box :(

#6 mcstevo

mcstevo

Club Member

Donator

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:53 PM

Actually, i'd have to disagree with you you their M :lol: i have to carry a battery drill, tool belt and rather a large tool box in my boot, and that's with a rear strut brace, mind you thay can only go in one way, also as i said once before you can get a set of 6 tread steps in the car if you wind down the front seat. :shock:
Mr rightyo where abouts are based?

#7 BD581

BD581

Ex-Owner

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:47 PM

Don't think it should be an issue. But it all depends on what you find comfortable.
AutoTechnica have a shorter steering wheel hub which will give you a couple of more inches (if only it was that easy for everything :wink: )
The wheel gets a little close to the wiper and inticator stalk, but you will probably get used to that.

#8 [~R1ghty0th3n~]

[~R1ghty0th3n~]

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:35 PM

West Burbs in melbourne, i study mech eng at vic uni.

I think id be quite capable of re setting the standard seats on the seat rails, though im unsure of legality and wether it would interfere with the seatbelt position? (custom seats and/or four/six point harnesses could be an option?)

#9 mcstevo

mcstevo

Club Member

Donator

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

If you can get over to Coburg/Northcote area of Melbourne one eve, your more than welcome to try out seating in my i-r, and maybe a drive, but only on a you bend you mend it arrangement!!

#10 [~R1ghty0th3n~]

[~R1ghty0th3n~]

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:57 PM

Thanx, Mr mcstevo, i really appreciate the offer.

#11 [~ruski~]

[~ruski~]

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:16 PM

I'm around 6'3 (193cm or something) and I agree with Pete, I sit rather high in the factory seat, but besides that it's pretty comfortable to drive.

#12 rubna

rubna

Club Member

• Name: Ryan
  • Purchased: 2004
Garage View Garage Donator

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:54 PM

once you drive a gtir you will want to have one regardless if you fit or not. The first time I drove ocz-ir car I was in the hunt for one and at the bank getting a loan the week after. It sucked me in

#13 mcstevo

mcstevo

Club Member

Donator

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

They are good, first time i sat in mine at the dealers, looked over that lump in the bonnet, i could see the "kaching!" moment in the dealers eyes,
also the only turbo car i'd driven before was a mark 1 renault five, good but only 1.4L and i was doing lots of M-way driving at the time.

#14 [~R1ghty0th3n~]

[~R1ghty0th3n~]

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:20 AM

Yeah thats kinda what im worried about! and that i wont be able to have one until next year :cry:

#15 4_Down

4_Down

Club Member

• Purchased: 18/12/03

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:55 AM

once you drive a gtir you will want to have one regardless if you fit or not. The first time I drove ocz-ir car I was in the hunt for one and at the bank getting a loan the week after. It sucked me in

HAHAHA Good call, the first time my mate took me for a strap in his I knew I had to have one, I was in awe.

Reply to this topic