Registering in ACT?

10 replies to this topic

#1 [~Key~]

[~Key~]

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

Has anyone had the experience of buying interstate and then registering their car in Canberra?

I am wondering how easy it will be.

Any advice would be mush appreciated, Kelly.

#2 ZillaKilla

ZillaKilla

Club Member

• Name: Dean
  • Purchased: 2001
Donator

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:54 PM

its a royal pain in the ahhs.

seeing as its an import you will have to get a full dickson inspection and numbers check

#3 [~Key~]

[~Key~]

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

I have heard that you need to be careful with rim size etc... am thinking it might be easier to wait until one comes up here in theACT...

But that could take for ever :(

#4 ZillaKilla

ZillaKilla

Club Member

• Name: Dean
  • Purchased: 2001
Donator

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:04 PM

theres been plenty for sale around here lately

#5 [~Key~]

[~Key~]

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

Really!!!??

I haven't see any on the forum, trading post or carpoint. There was one advertised out at evo, but when I contacted them, they said it had been sold, but were expecting another in shortly.

Let me know if you hear of any up for sale... I don't have access to any other threads as I was honest when registering and said I don't have a gti-r yet...

email is kartland@tpg.com.au

Thanks, Kelly.

#6 cardsy

cardsy

Club Member

• Purchased: 2003

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

there is a few on here for sale so u might want to check them out

#7 [~gtir_94~]

[~gtir_94~]

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

hey,

due to being a student i technically 'live' in sydney, but havent for alomsot 4years lol. saying that, i did not change my syd rego to ACT rego.. however, from my knowledge from transferring rego's is as killazilla said; all transfers need to be done over at the pits.

if you have 20K or so in a few weeks you can look at my car ;) though not act, it does have legal wheels as spares, stock tmic, bov as spares, and enclosed airfilter, legal decibel muffler noise and so on :)

Phil M

#8 [~gtir_94~]

[~gtir_94~]

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

yep kelvin, im just undergoing security stuff for work then ill have time to seriously sell the R. At the moment im giving it the royal polish treatment, then getting the interior professionally done for that new car shine :) but i drove it around the block a cpl of days ago just to keep the battery charged, other than that it sits safely locked n covered awaiting to b advertised.

Phil M

#9 [~c0z~]

[~c0z~]

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:47 AM

if you do buy interstate and need to borrow some stock whels and/or springs let me know....

PS i had only to remove my tint but my car was unmodified and had no oil leaks

#10 [~Jusadbellum~]

[~Jusadbellum~]

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

Thanks Pete,

That's really incredibly good of you. I may well take you up on that in a few weeks.

Cheers, Kelly.

#11 swanny

swanny

Club Member

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:19 PM

I actually went through the NSW to ACT rego a month ago and it isn't all doom and gloom.

You can't pass with 17 inch wheels, venting BOV, adjustable boost, it's just a matter of getting an inspection, remove the offending bits & fix any general mechanical stuff and then get it reinspected and passed. You can get it inspected at ANY rego inspection station (IE your local servo if they do rego inspections).

The "must go over the pits for an inspection" is a myth and the guys at the pits would prefer you used a servo as they are lazy f#ckers

Once passed the car goes over dickson motor registry for an "Identification Check" which is just a basic compliance check, that it has valid compliance plate etc

It is a hassle but you only ever have to go through the process once :D and in reality it's the same as any other interstate car except the ID check cos it's a grey import

Cheers

Swanny

Reply to this topic