Compliance?

33 replies to this topic

#21 delboy

delboy

Ex-Owner

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:28 PM

Hi
Try AMC automotive .... Speak to Chris Gough,say Del said to give him a call.
Tel .. 02 4388 9059

Email. ozcooper@iprimus.com.au

Cheers .... Del

#22 [~Kym~]

[~Kym~]

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:35 AM

I did mine through recreational at the gold coast they were good no problems at all except they thought the exhaust was to loud.....it wasn't!!!! They are really fussy and stick by the rules which is fair enough.

#23 [~~]

[~~]

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:19 AM

Hi Guest ?

With compliance .... Your quote from C/ workshop ? $2000 goes to one gov/deptment alone ..... hmmmm

Offer to buy guy shovel.

Maybe this compliance workshop has his bank acc named Aust government as that is complete B/s**t.

A compliance workshop ( RAW ) will submit a very small amount of money for the import approval. $165 to be more like the REAL figure.
There is a anual fee of around $5000 from the RAW which they get but that's divided from 100 compiance plates !
Niddrie Name Plates ( who supply the Chassis plate etc ( Private non government company + your 3 week wait ) get $110 for their sevices ....

Other than the mandatory parts ( approx $450 )that need to be provided and an engineers check there is no other costs.

Tyres being extra.

No decent workshop would even need to justify their costs, this person must be feeling guilty for his charges quoted.
Please be aware that setting up to be a current RAW would incure a very large expenditure,this would warrent the costs being quoted across the country for compliance.

As you are being taken for a village idiot if you beleive what you have been told,good that you asked

15 year cars .... needs engineers report approx $250 and SIB' ( to drawings ) and CAT, Tyres,Wiper blades,H/Mounted stop light,and a few other small things to pass including a inspection blue slip ( dependant of state ).
I you are hands on person this can be done by you also.

HTH

Cheers .... Del

Hi Dell,

The info I received was from a RAW in Bundaberg, he was exceptionally helpful, he doesn't comply GTiRs himself but was kind enough to give me a run down on how the scheme worked so I knew what to expect.

The guy seemed quite genuine and willing to help even knowing there wasn't any money in it for him. If I was ever going to import a GTR or simular I would give him a call.

The price I have been quoted on my compliance is actually quite cheap.
(around $3600 with tyres) this is with one of the compliance centres in Brisvegas.

The service agent I am using in Australia (Vic) is organising everything from the purchase all the way through to the road worthy.

#24 [~prospective owner~]

[~prospective owner~]

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:30 PM

Hi,

I am looking to buy a pulsar that hsa some issues regarding its compliance and vicroads have told me it needs to come in to be checked by an engineer at their offices. It already has a compliance plate and things like sunvisors, leaded fuel tank opening restrictor, etc but it also has a pod filter, electronic boost control and 17 inch rims.

Would i be likely to get my ass kicked for the above mentioned things even though they are just searching for the comliance safety features like side door intrusion bars....

I done twant in if they are going to take one look at the e-boost controler and tell me that the car has to be compliacned again and the modifications removed.

I read somewhere that you can have two modifications and as long as you dont make more than 10% extra power then its oK, is this a load of baloney or what?

Any timely help would be most appreciated caus i want to buy soon.

P.S if I had to take out the eboost setup before taking it to vicroads is this an easy thing to do?

#25 Shalom

Shalom

Club Founder

• Name: Shalom
  • Purchased: 2000
Garage View Garage Donator

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

what "issues" exactly?
is the VIN on the comp plate different to the one on the car or something? (ie. rebirth)
has it been registered in oz before?

my understanding is that an import is either complianced (has a plate) or it isn't...
(never heard of it being done twice - as there's all sorts of required prior approvals/papers/etc - depending on the scheme it was comp'ed under)

and if you take any car to a vicroads inspection they will probably also notice/look at roadworthy issues
(such as wheels that are more than 2" larger than factory, unboxed filter, etc)

i'd be very wary - make sure everything is in order both legally and mechanically before handing over any cash,
blinded by perceived savings and pressured for time could find you ending up with unregisterable car...

#26 jamesb

jamesb

Ex-Owner

• Name: James
  • Purchased: Was 03-05

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

This is not a 15 year old import right? Assuming it isn't, then you a going through RAWS then. When I had mine checked in SA who are renowned for being assholes to anyone under age 50. They expected EVERY last nut and bolt to be factory spec.

Off the top of my head (its quite a big list):
standard rims with new tyres (with the little nobly bits still there)
airbox
exhaust
side intrusuion bars
3rd level brake light
child restraint harness points
Owner's manual (a butchered combination of australian and euro sections)
new fluids & filters
seatbelts (depending)
flat drivers side rear view mirror
dash light dimmer (I think they came to their senses an withdrew this requirement)
...the list goes on...

If someone on here could supply you with the list of stuff the complier did to their R's, that would be a big head start for you.

#27 4_Down

4_Down

Club Member

• Purchased: 18/12/03

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:07 AM

Pretty much the car has to be returned to stock standard as it came from Nissan.

#28 4_Down

4_Down

Club Member

• Purchased: 18/12/03

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:22 AM

Although there are some things that need to be added due to comply with ADR's standards like seat belts, 3rd level brake light etc. etc.

#29 madcabbie

madcabbie

Club Member

• Purchased: 2004
Donator

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:25 AM

Just clear up one thing. Who rang who regarding these issues?

Did you ring Vic roads?

Check and see if it has been registered in Australia first. If its been complied, then it should have the compliance plate in the engine bay, and they might have the complance records of when the job was done, and by who. I was given my papers on who complied mine when I bought it.

Not sure what the laws are in Vic. But I would have thought if it was registered before, then it shouldn't be too difficult to get it passed again. Might have to change the wheel size though.

But if it is a person import that hasn't been complied, then you will have some work ahead of you to get it too past. Back to STANDARD. means removal (or maybe hide) the eboost setup. Standard airbox, standard wheels, etc.

Good luck

#30 [~prospective owner~]

[~prospective owner~]

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

Issues: It has a compliance plate and has been registered but when i rang Vic roads to do a vehicle security check they said that the vin number on the car didnt match the one that they had on the system. Hence the reason they would like it to come in so that they can check that it is not some kind of illegal rebirth or some other way of getting around the system

It must have been complianced cause the usual things like the fuel restictor, sunvisor, side intrusion bars have been fitted.

It does however have a rear strut brace, pod filter, turbo smart e-boost set up and i dont care about the rims cause the owner will sell the old originals with new tyres with the car.

Its just a lot of work to find a stock air box (unless it is the same as pulsars sold within australia), and i dont know how to remove the e-boost cause it has no instructions, and the exhaust is not standard either.

looks like a lot of work to get it over the line, its just i love the RB close ration gearbox, Autech history as well and the mods that have been done.

Hmmmm some thinking over this one is required.

Thanks guys.

#31 [~prospective owner~]

[~prospective owner~]

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:37 PM

Any one know where to get hold of the installation instructions for a turbosmart e-boost setup?
its a 0-40psi model, and i kind of may need to take it out but have no idea how to.

#32 godzilr

godzilr

Club Moderator

• Name: Kelvin
  • Purchased: 02-08 / 11-13
Garage View Garage Donator

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

maybe all they'll do is make sure the numbers are sweet...turning the car back to stock may not be needed?

#33 madcabbie

madcabbie

Club Member

• Purchased: 2004
Donator

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

So if the car is owned by someone else at the moment, and they have proof of there original purchase(rego Paper), and the car isn't registered at the moment. Then see if the owner will allow you to put it on a trailor, and take it down there to have it checked out. Could be just a simple clerk input error.

If its all legit, then the owner shouldn't have a problem with this.

#34 mcstevo

mcstevo

Club Member

• Name: steve
  • Purchased: 2001
Donator

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:55 PM

When i got mine reg, at Vic roads Hoppers X, i had alot of the usual suspects, eg K&N filter not seperated from the engine bay, 16"alloys, bleed valve, 3" exhuast(with out cat!) furry dice, but all the bloke pulled me up on was the fact that i didn't have the new compliance plate no. stamped into the body, and he then went on to show me where i could get that done, so within an hour of my first attempt(i had to wait for him to have spare time as they were booked out) i was regged on on the road.I think what you'll need to check out is that your compliance plate is legit, think you'll need the original export approval stamped to show compliance is legit(somewhere in Niddrie), and then a RWC. What Vic roads really likes is for you to have all the paper work ready in one go, the immpression i got from my examiner was that he wanted all the no.s to match, he never even looked inside the car, or at the tyres, maybe i was just lucky.....Get a RWC last thing on a friday arvo, and leave a 6pack on the seat!!!!

Good luck, it's worth it, or just check out the for sale section of this site, probabley alot easier

Reply to this topic