Selling Suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 [~Nigel~]

[~Nigel~]

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

I have been looking for a GTiR for about three weeks.

The best response I have had was from a public advertiser on here. (Unfortunately because of distance I think I have missed out)

I don't know if this might help some people selling, but REPLYING TO ENQUIRIES might help. (Still waiting for a 2nd reply from a member add)

I'm not aiming this just here, but I thought I would not have this issue here in a GTiR exclusive forum.

Hope to be a member if I can find one to buy!!!

Nigel

#2 JAP-JET

JAP-JET

Club Member

• Name: Adam
  • Purchased: 2003

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

How much are you looking to spend Nigel?

#3 cardsy

cardsy

Club Member

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

20k can get ya a matte black one 310kwatw

#4 Hilary S_W

Hilary S_W

Club Member

• Name: Hilary
  • Purchased: 2008
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Yes, isn't it annoying. I went crazy when I was trying to buy an MR2 and half the people didn't respond. Even after I had nagged them several times. As it happened, I bought the first car where the owner DID respond.

It might be good to say where you are, in case members are thinking of selling.

Hil

Edited by Hilary S_W, 15 February 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#5 IsaGTiR

IsaGTiR

Club Member

• Name: Kyle
  • Purchased: 2009

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Is this the guy from Tassie? There's always cars for sale, whether they are within your price range or your part of the country is another question..

#6 Chanboy

Chanboy

Ex-Owner

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

15 for sale on carsales.com.au as of today.

#7 ohbaby

ohbaby

Club Member

• Name: Micheal
Garage View Garage Donator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Not just GTiRs mate, anyone selling, ive bought a new boat trailor recently 3days at least 5 calls a day to get this bloke to let me give him $$$

#8 bbzila

bbzila

Club Member

• Name: Walid
  • Purchased: Dec 08

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Yes, isn't it annoying. I went crazy when I was trying to buy an MR2 and half the people didn't respond. Even after I had nagged them several times. As it happened, I bought the first car where the owner DID respond.

It might be good to say where you are, in case members are thinking of selling.

Hil

solution to this. DO NOT SEND ENQUIRIES. every seller provides a phone number. CALL HIM. he doesnt answer a couple of times. forget about it move to the next one...

Edited by bbzila, 15 February 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#9 Lowboost

Lowboost

Club Member

• Name: Roy
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

I was also going to say it helps if you check when they were last on . . . some of us are "Site Hussy's" and almost live here (setting my phone so I can) but others dont come on for weeks . . including those with stuff for sale.
There can be a million reasons for no reply . . if you dont get one just throw something up in their for sale thread like "Hey bud sent you a message , waiting for a reply" and other members may be able to offer some advice or even point you in the direction of another for sale . . . last point :- as Walid said , most supply phone numbers so try them but if no reply use the Mr Sheen approach , wipe and forget.

#10 [~Guest~]

[~Guest~]

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the replies Guys, glad to know it's not just me.

I'm very keen on the blue one that's still for sale on here, but tried calling earlier this evening and the call dropped out and subsequent call went to messagebank. Have emailed him twice with one reply prior. I just prefer email as it allows me to think of all the questions I have rather than have a DOH! moment after hanging up.

I missed out on the other blue one on here, but that chap was excellent with communications. He has been the only one.

I put my old camry on gumtree this morning and it's gone already. Had a call an hour after listing it, called round to his place after work, drove him back to my place, did paperwork, received cash, parted company! Wish it worked like that all the time!!

Anyhow, I'm not in a rush. Unfortunately all the good ones seem to be in Qld, which adds to my cost to get to it and get it back.

My wife is a CAMs official so I end up at a lot of race events taking pictures. Thought it might be fun to have a daily driver I could use in the low level events like regularity. (No fiber jokes please :roll: )

Hilary S_W - I had an MR2 SW20 (3S-GTE) for 6 years, sold about 3 years ago and still miss it.

IsaGTiR - Yes, from Tas, can watch both directions at once.

Chanboy - Have an email alert setup on carsales so it lets me know when a new one is listed.

Will try calling the "Blue GTiR" again tomorrow. I don't even know how long it's been out of reg. Anyone know if that matters if I decide to get a Qld permit and drive it back to Tas?

Cheers,

Nigel

#11 [~Guest~]

[~Guest~]

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

This is curious,

This GTiR I found on carbuddy;

http://www.carbuddy....car/632781.aspx

Has just appeared on Gumtree for $1850 more and is now in Hobart, not Footscray.

http://tas.gumtree.c...CTX%2BFMRJwZw**

Guess he knows how much more cars are in Tas. :roll:

#12 papa_smurf

papa_smurf

Regional Rep

• Name: Gary
  • Purchased: 2002 and 2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

Have you tried contacting the seller (gumtree has a mobile number).

When you do, come back and tell us the real story.

#13 godzilr

godzilr

Club Moderator

• Name: Kelvin
  • Purchased: 02-08 / 11-13

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

thats an ex-members car too

been for sale for a long time...ebay/carsales/gumtree

kelvin

#14 [~Nigel~]

[~Nigel~]

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

No worries Papa_Smurf. He replied, but I'm not to sure if I'm interested after his replies.

My initial enquiry;

Hi,
This car is for sale on Carbuddy for $6k, same number plates. Have you moved to Hobart? Why have you raised the price?
Cheers,
Nigel

His reply;

no i bought the car from melbourne!!!!! and the price of the car is because iv done a bit of work on it plus the price is n,e,g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My response;

Thanks for the reply XXXXXXX,
So you bought it from the person selling it on carbuddy? Or do you mean you moved to Hobart and it came with you?
What did you do to it to put the price up nearly $2k?
Iím currently looking at a couple in the $5 - $6k range in Qld.
Cheers,
Nigel

His reply that I have not responded to;

yes brang it to hobart

Not sure if he's taking the piss, but his replies have put me off. :roll:

#15 inz

inz

Club Member

• Name: Aaron

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Why, because he's asking the standard price?

Did you ask what work he had done? Would the work increase the value of the car? Or would the previous state the car was in subtract from the asking price?

#16 Shalom

Shalom

Club Founder

• Name: Shalom
  • Purchased: 2000

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

He asked (as posted) but wasn't answered.

The new advert has identical content (mod list and photo) - only difference I can see is it's just done an extra 2000 kms, and the price is $1850 more.

You could fly to Melb, stay a night, eat, drink, be merry, and bring one back on the boat for under $500...

#17 inz

inz

Club Member

• Name: Aaron

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Oops, skimmed that part.

When buying cars I've always written a list of the questions I want answered, then ring.

That way you can ask everything you want to know straight up. Anything that arises from the answers you get can be confirmed on the phone as they arise, and anything left over you can ask at an inspection.

#18 papa_smurf

papa_smurf

Regional Rep

• Name: Gary
  • Purchased: 2002 and 2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

Oops, skimmed that part.

When buying cars I've always written a list of the questions I want answered, then ring.

That way you can ask everything you want to know straight up. Anything that arises from the answers you get can be confirmed on the phone as they arise, and anything left over you can ask at an inspection.

But you have to remember, us mr / miss averages are not legal beagles and often don't cover all those bases first hit.

#19 [~Nigel~]

[~Nigel~]

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

I know there are a lot of tire kickers out there, but if your trying to sell a car, you should be prepared to give information.

The example above is now in Tas, so spending the $6k was a possibility, but he has raised the price and declined to tell me why.

On the up side I have spoken to the owner advertising in the members section, and even though it will cost $1k to ship it down, I will probably go that way at this stage. He comes across as a very genuine guy and the mods really fit with what I like, handling over power. ( Really like the blue colour too) :oops:

So, baring being offered something irresistible at the race meeting at Symons Plains tomorrow, or issues with an inspection which I doubt will happen, I may be a member soon.

Shalom - I have bought about 8 cars from Melb over the last 20 years. Literally saved many thousands over the costs in Tas. A mate bought a (brand new) Lancer from a dealer in Melb in 2008 because it was delivered to her cheaper than the local dealer would sell for.

#20 moneypit

moneypit

Club Member

• Name: Craig
  • Purchased: March 2011
Donator

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yep it's hard work buying a car sometimes. While I am a little surprised you don't look at the one in hobart, talk the price down, however I can understand if you think the seller is dodgy.

But in saying that, I still think you should reply to the guy, even if it is just to say you are not interested. Remember it's just as off putting for the seller when a potential buyer doesn't follow up and let his intentions be known.

Edited by moneypit, 19 February 2012 - 04:30 PM.