Current Ebay prices

13 replies to this topic

#1 rorym

rorym

Club Member

• Name: Rory
  • Purchased: 2011

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:43 PM

I am selling my Van Diemen F2000 open wheeler on my105 and looking for a track car with some tasteful mods/enhancements.

Now I know I am new to this but the cars on Ebay at the moment look cheap to me.
94 mod,73klms, minimum mods $6800. Heavy modded black car $8000.
Stock black car sitting at $3000..probably will go higher..which doesnt help sellers on here I know but as a cash buyer I need to look at what you get for your dollar..
The $15000 track car in collectors cars on Ebay..while nice is not going to get those $$ I am told.

These things dont seem to be holding value at the moment..(good for me, with cash in the bank)...
Any motivated sellers out there,I am happy to talk to....but the $7500 car on Carsales in Melb with a lunched motor doesnt rate at the moment..

R

#2 Shalom

Shalom

Club Founder

• Name: Shalom
  • Purchased: 2000
Garage View Garage Donator

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:33 AM

ebay is useless for current market value indication

carsales shows the going rate is currently around 7-10k (for road cars at least)

dedicated track examples have always been rare, and more likely to be found on places like my105
ie. http://www.my105.com...ls.aspx?id=3337

obviously depends on what level of racing you plan on, and how much you want to do yourself,
but i think the 3 generalised options would be:

- a basic example and spend 10k getting it trackworthy
- something with good bits and maybe only need to spend 5k
- a prebuilt one for 15k and go racing the next day

#3 rorym

rorym

Club Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

Current prices here dont reflect that.
R

#4 Shalom

Shalom

Club Founder

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Where do you mean by "here" exactly?

These are the ones on carsales in QLD at the moment (and the rest of country is showing basically the same)

carsales-qld-june2011.jpg

#5 papa_smurf

papa_smurf

Regional Rep

• Name: Gary
  • Purchased: 2002 and 2012
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

I'll have to learn how to do that.

I was trying to do something similar but couldn't get the attachment thingy to work.

No need now, the boss has done it.

#6 rorym

rorym

Club Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

By here I mean...HERE..look in Classifieds..

I dont go on Carsales...there are better bargains around..Ebay, my105.com etc..Carsales is not the way to buy a car..and if you use that as your yard stick...you are way off the mark and missing the bargains..

R

#7 velly4

velly4

Club Member

• Name: Trent
  • Purchased: January 2008

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Clearly if you buy something like these you'll be spending a bit to get it up to some standard to put on a track.

How much is your budget?

#8 Shalom

Shalom

Club Founder

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

[you should be able to see the pics now]

in you're first post you said "the cars on ebay at the moment look cheap" and then gave examples of $6.8k and $8k (both were road cars),
i just said the current market value for road cars was $7-10k (suggesting that the prices you mentioned were not really cheap)

carsales is pretty much the national standard these days and gives a fair indication of the market,
obviously the listing values are just asking prices, and i don't think anyone actually buys a car (new or used) for the asking price.

bargains usually come from haggling rather dirt cheap announcements...

here - ahh ok, but in the last 6 months i can't see any road cars for under $7k without problems?
(and the vast majority of the sound ones were asking under 11k)

#9 rorym

rorym

Club Member

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thanks for that Shalom
Yeah maybe..I am after a track car so know what I need/find will need some work anyway.
R

#10 Adam M

Adam M

Ex-Owner

• Purchased: 2008-09

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

I dont go on Carsales...there are better bargains around..Ebay, my105.com etc..Carsales is not the way to buy a car..and if you use that as your yard stick...you are way off the mark and missing the bargains..
R

Rory, thats crap.

Sometimes a so called 'bargain' like on ebay (where people like to sell 'sight unseen'/ interstate etc) require the same money to get them up to a roadworthy level than purchasing a avergage priced car on carsales.

Majority of the carsales cars have RWC/ currently registered, with these cars a RWC can be 'fun' to achieve, hence the $ increase, if you want a track car, you could pick up a bargain with no reg and RWC.

#11 rorym

rorym

Club Member

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Ahh..Adam..you just answered your own post..I am looking for a track car.as stated...therefore...??????.....the bargain statement is correct...
R

#12 Lowboost

Lowboost

Club Member

• Name: Roy
  • Purchased: 2008
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Well car sales advertises on Ebay as do many other sites . . just a thought since they all share the sales and info around these days.

#13 monstermotorsport

monstermotorsport

Club Member

• Purchased: 1999

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

hi rory, who stated/informed you i wouldnt get the 15k starting price for my track car, curious to see what makes them such an expert on race car pricing??? you stated the following: The $15000 track car in collectors cars on Ebay..while nice is not going to get those $$ I am told.:oops:

#14 rorym

rorym

Club Member

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

YEAH Darren..that was at the local Hungry Jacks hang out with the turbo kids in their S13/14/15 and WRXs....I was asking about cars and prices..check the date of the post...we have since spoken then and I have learnt a lot more about them and your car specifically. Though having done more research I think that statement is reasonably accurate for a road car, irrespective of how modified it is..infact that probably distracts from the price of a road car now considering their age.
R

Reply to this topic